Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sea Scape



Finally Tim comes home.. flight this morning was CANCELLED ( how dumb is that really!) so I had to somehow tell the three little ducks following me all morning that daddy wasnt coming home until 4 O'clock. News not taken well, I spent the next hour picking Jared's wobbly bottom lip off the floor... *sigh*.

And seeing as Tim was due home at 9am I didnt really have any crafty plans today so my brain was on holiday which kinda made things worse.. oh well... Plus the dust storm hit and we couldnt go to beach as my back up plan so I dug around the mystery kids craft box ( ha its the one with so many bits and pieces or everything I probably should really just chuck it out) and pulled out some cellophane and a box of shells.... I found a paper plate in the pantry ( also looking rather bare but its more to do with my slackness in shopping than packing) ( I never get time to shop so its normally done when the kids start pulling out raw pasta, icing sugar and shredded coconut for morning tea) and we were good to go.

I have no idea where we first got this idea from but will find out.

Sea Scape

What you need:

shells
sand ( I dug mine from the sandpit, its got to be used up by next weekend :) )
cellophane
sticky tape
glue
coloured paper ( scraps from my own craft cupboard I havent even attempted to pack yet.. crap its a big job)
paintbrush
two paper plates
scissors



how it goes:
with one paper plate cut a whole in the middle of it ( quite big as this is the window, or I guess, the port hole)

On the other paper plate, paste glue on the lower section of it and sprinkle sand on, also place shells on the section too

Ccut some fish shapes out of paper ( my kids didnt want to cut today so I did this bit for them. Jared wasnt that keen today so he watched, got the sand, and picked the shells he wanted Jumeirah to use
Next, sticky tape the cellophane to the other paper plate on the " where you would put your food" side (you know what I mean) :) This should cover the hole.
Now you can either sticky tape or glue the plates together and you have your own port hole!
Not the fanciest looking craft and goodness what will do with it, but it takes time and has lots of different "layers" to it so it keeps kids busy for quite awhile, which I needed today :)

Daddy finally got picked up at 4pm... cant wait until its my turn :)

NEXT WEEKS CHALLENGE: ACTIVITIES FOR A WEEK USING THINGS FROM THE PANTRY! Oh man its going to be a long week :)
Any Ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment